The annual Redstone MTB and Trail Running Weekend takes place during May in the beautiful Redstone Hills, Kruisrivier and surrounding farms. The event already attracts over 450 entrants, their families and spectators from the local farming community.
This family focused sporting event is a weekend filled with adventure, fun and enjoyment with family and friends. It is the only Cycling South Africa endorsed event in Calitzdorp District and is an official qualifying event for the region in the 60km distance race (17km for juniors). After the event competitors and spectators relax at the race village and are entertained with live music, a beer garden and plenty to eat and drink. The food stalls are managed by the community and many local specialities are available.
Organised by the Redstone Hills Trust, a not for profit entity that provides funding to several outreach projects in the area, the event is managed by an elected committee made up of members from the Calitzdorp community. In 2017 Jakhals Events, a cycling events company, was appointed by the committee to manage the races. The Redstone MTB & Trail Running Weekend is the primary fundraising event for the trust.
- You must have a valid CSA Membership – One Day licenses will be available for purchase on the day. NO CSA MEMBERSHIP NO RIDE.
- You must wear a face mask at registration and in the start block. You can remove the face mask after the start of the race.
- You must report for temperature screening and sanitizing. If your temperature is to high, you will not be allowed to participate.
- You must complete the questionnaire and visitors attendance register.
- No spectators will be allowed.
- After you finished your race, you will receive your race medal and will then have to leave the venue. No gathering before and after race will be allowed according to regulations.
- Start groups no bigger than 50 per start group.
- No prize giving ceremonies will be allowed.
07 Nov 2020
Buffelskloof, Kruisrivier, Calitzdorp
Entries from R80
Established to help fund charities in Kannaland Municipal District
Sponsors, Donors and Media Partners
This event will not be possible without donors, sponsors and volunteers. The Redstone Hills Trust is grateful for the sponsors of previous events and wishes to thank the individuals and businesses for their support and contributions to the 2017 event.
Cash donations are welcome and may be deposited in the Redstone Hills Trust’s Standard Bank Account: 180688685 Branch code 051001. Please provide your name as reference.
Redstone 2017 Major Cash Sponsors
Wesgro, Time Freight, Klein Karoo Saad Produksie, JW Seeds, Klein Karoo Agri, Cashbuild, Tyres & Treads, PriceWaterhouseCoopers (Paarl), The Queen of Calitzdorp, Seeff Oudtshoorn, Dryland Event Management, Du Plessis Motors, Irrikor Besproeiing, Mark & Molleke Duboccage, Solarcon, Kango Tractors and three generous anonymous donors
Donors of goods, gifts and services
Dryland Event Management, De Krans, Calitzdorp Wine Cellars, Boplaas, CP Nel Oudtshoorn, Klein Karoo International, Port Wine Guesthouse, Welgevonden Guesthouse, Grundheim wines, Francois Smit, De Krans Bistro, Zamani Calitzdorp, Rose of the Karoo, Klein Karoo Toyota, Ford Mossel Bay, Cycle Addict, PSP Timbers, Sportsman Warehouse George
We are grateful to the following organisations, publications and individuals who helped to spread the word about our event. Into Cycling, Calitzdorp Tourism, Oudtshoorn-info, Route62-info, goto.capetown, Oudtshoorn Courant, Mossel Bay Advertiser, George Herald, Die Hoorn, In The Bunch, Your Sport, Runner’s World, Bikehub, Cyclists’ Guide, Runner’s Guide, Cycle Events and probably some more.